I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, March 29, 2010

Some Days Are Harder Than Others...

Today was the first day in a week that I had to drop both my babies off at school. They had both been sick last week, and then my son developed a rash as a result of his antibiotics, so last week I took two coveted sick days (it makes me a little nauseous to realize that I only have two sick days left for the next two months of school) and kept my little ones home. My husband took one day, my sister watched them one day, and my sister in law watched them another day.

So today we tried to get back into our crazy, chaotic routine to get out the door on time (I am proud of myself -- I was only 10 minutes late out the door). I was surprised at how easy it was to get back into the flow of things - sure, I had to deal with my daughter's two temper tantrums, but on the whole, we did all right.

And then I dropped them off at school. Melt down city. My daughter huddled in the corner, sobbing "I don't wanna go to school. I want Momma! I don't wanna go to school!" while my son hung on my skirt and cried "Up! Up! Up!"

I finally got them situated and, while they weren't happy, they were at least calm. I gave them extra hugs and kisses, more cuddles and pats on the back, and then I had to walk out the door to go to a job where I am not appreciated.

And I sat in my car and cried.

4 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. You working mommas really do have it tough. . .(HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is breaking for you and your little ones right now. I have tears too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I hate to hear that you aren't appreciated at connelly anymore. they don't deserve you. I learned so much from you, about english/history and life. this really isn't fair for you, i'm sorry connelly has changed for the worst. good luck, and have a great easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Nora completely. You are one of the best teachers there, and I can't believe that the students there can't see that. I loved every class I took from you (and that's quite a few!). Let me know if you want me to knock some sense into the people at school. :)

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday