I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, March 1, 2010

Death to the 5K


I got up at 6 am Saturday to run my very first 5K. Actually, using the phrase "got up," implies that I went to sleep. I didn't. I was up with my son and daughter all night long. One had teething issues. One had coughing issues. It's a blur which one had which. But I digress...

I woke up at 6 am Saturday to run my very first 5K. It was pouring. I called my friend who was picking me up at 6:45. She told me that according to the weather report she saw, there was a tsunami warning. I told her that according to the weather report I saw, it was supposed to rain nonstop until 12.

We both hung up and went back to bed.

I'm going to run my first 5K in April.

1 comment:

  1. Eh. No big deal. I wouldn't have ran in the rain either. Before my surf city 5k I got like 3 hours sleep and the only thing that spurred me on was: 1.) It wasn't raining beacuse there was NO WAY I'd run in the rain and 2.) That freakin' awesome medal!

    Good luck in April! Which 5k are you running?

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday