I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be scared or frustrated.

~

So, since my adventure yesterday regarding my disappearing amniotic fluid and my three hours in labor and delivery, I went back to the doctor today. The amniotic fluid is still holding at 6.1. My doctor's concern was something that everyone has overlooked up until now - the baby hasn't grown in a week. And she should be growing a half a pound a week.

So at the doctor's today, he told me that sometimes, with gestational diabetics, the concern is not that the baby is too big - it's that the baby stops to grow and is too small, that the placenta will fail. And that there comes a point where it is better to get the baby off the placenta and onto the breast/bottle.

I had been so worried about having a big baby that I had no idea that a complication of gestational diabetes is a chance of the placenta failing.

He doesn't think that he needs to induce me right now. That being said, he wants to monitor me closely - as in, twice a day. Guess where he can do that? Yup, at the hospital.

I'm on bed rest at the ever-lovin' hospital.

When I asked for how long, I was told either two weeks or until the baby comes, whichever one comes first.

Two weeks. In the hospital. On bedrest. When I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old at home.

Freaking out is not a strong enough term.

He did throw me a lifeline - that if my amniotic fluid grows, if the baby grows, they will send me home to be on bedrest there. However, the chances of that happening are probably not great.

Thank God that my husband is off work right now, so I don't have to worry about the kids.

And thank God for my sister and my friends, who are on call in case my husband has to drop everything and run to the hospital so he can help me have a baby.

Thank God for my friends who are feeding my family while I'm gone, who texted/called me to say that they are praying/thinking of me, and who have offered to watch my children. I appreciate all of you soooooooooooo much.

So now I just have to rest, take care of Baby Girl, and hope to God that I don't go out of my mind with boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday