I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Home Sweet Home

~
I'm HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE! :) :) :)

I'm still on bedrest at home. Which means I can lie in bed on my left side. After an hour, I can flip over onto my right side. I can lie on my couch for a few hours a day, sit in the lounge chair in the yard, and sit up at my computer for 30 minutes 2X a day. I can get up to shower, eat, go to bathroom, and go to the doctor. I will be seeing the doctor 4X a week, but at least I'm HOME!

Being home means I get to lie in bed and watch Tinkerbell with my daughter.

Being home means that I can lie on the couch and race cars down my tummy with my son.

Being home means I can read stories to my kids and give them kisses before bedtime.

Being home means that I can make sure they stick to their routine, eat right, and worry less.

Being home means I can be supervisory eyes on my kiddos while my husband takes care of stuff around the house. (Not that I can do anything if they are bad, but I can yell for him that it's important so he doesn't have to come running at every squeal and shout.)

And how did this wonderful event come to pass?

My AFI this morning was 9! Nine! That's three whole points above six!!

And the doppler test they did showed that the blood was flowing through the umbilical cord without a problem.

My NSTs showed that the baby is moving and healthy.

My blood sugar levels have been above 80 for the past 3 days. They are still spiking pretty high after I eat, but as my doctor put it - "Highs don't concern me as much as lows do. Highs mean you have a fat baby. Lows increase your chance for stillbirth."

I am, however, spilling ketones, which means that I'm not getting enough nutrition in my diet, which means the baby is not getting enough nutrition. The doctor wants to see if that changes after I spend a few days at home and get to eat normal-ish food rather than disgusting hospital food.

And Monday, after spending 4 days home on bed rest, I have to go back in to the office so they can run every test again - NST, U/S, Doppler, blood work, and meet with my OB, endocrinologist, and dietitian.

I'm planning on enjoying the next three days, lying on my left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday