I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, June 20, 2011

And we are still waiting...

My U/S this morning showed that my AFI is still 6. And that the placenta is starting to show a lot of calcification which the nurse said means it is "maturing" (i.e, old).

The doctor said that she can't send me home when my AFI is the same number that it was when I was admitted. Added to that, my blood sugars keep falling to 40-50 at night which is really bad for me and the baby. We don't know why that is happening... if it's changes in diet, the placenta failing, fetal growth, or just one more thing that is wrong.

So I'm stuck.... they will run a full U/S on Thursday to "grade my placenta," check my AFI, monitor Baby K's growth and HR.

The good news is that Baby K is moving and has a normal heart rate; the NSTs show that she is doing great and unperturbed by all of this. However, if something goes wrong, it will go downhill fast so that's why they want to keep me here.

Still, I'm depressed since I'm not home with my two little monkeys. And Boyo is terrified of doctors and the machines (wouldn't you be if you were on a ventilator as a baby and have been poked and prodded your young life?), so he cries for me at home but then he cries when he comes to visit because Momma is hooked up to all those scary machines. And Girlie keeps asking when Baby K is going to pop out so Momma can come home. (Although she did realize that the nurses are the keepers of the jello, so she is excited to come visit me now.)

And as someone who has always been a "get up and go" girl, I'm bored out of my mind. I want to go home. I know Baby Girl needs to "cook" a bit longer but I am ready to be done. And I would be lying if I didn't say that I was terrified because all the doctors keep saying "We will discuss induction at 37 weeks."

Yeah, that 10 days from now.

I am not strong enough to be away from my kids like this for 10 more days.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are strong enough. You are the strongest woman I have ever known. I know there that there is nothing you cannot do for the good of our children.

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday