I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ronald McDonald Walk For Kids


Today my son and I participated in the Ronald McDonald House Walk for Kids. This is a cause that is near and dear to my heart because when my beautiful baby boy was in the hospital a little over a year ago, the Ronald McDonald House Room in the PICU at CHOC saved me. I was terrified for my baby, but there was a room I could go to 50 feet away from his bedside that was beautifully decorated, with a bed, shower, computer access, and wonderful voluteers who always greeted me with a cheerful, sympathetic smile.


When I wasn't in my son's PICU room, I was in the Ronald McDonald room, crying, catching my breathe, or visiting with my daughter, who was not allowed anywhere near my son.


And today, my son and I were able to give something back. We raised $180 and walked the 5K with 6 of our terrific friends - I consider myself so fortunate to know them. And even though it was chilly today, and boy-o didn't get a full breakfast, he was a trooper. We may have to make this a yearly fundraising activity for he and I.

1 comment:

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday