I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter


Easter Sunday was yesterday.

In a fit of insanity, I decided to host Easter.


For 20 people.


In my house.


Which is a shoebox.


Still, it went well. I was only a little frantic. I didn't sleep Saturday night because I was cooking and prepping and my son was screaming....but I was jazzed so it didn't matter. (Well, not a lot)


My daughter helped me make 20 mini bundt cakes, my husband helped me by grilling up some bacon, and my son helped me by breaking eggs into the bowl... and himself. And the floor. Which helped me mop the floor.


We set up tables outside (thank you, Lord, for no rain) and moved people smoothly through the living room to the kitchen to the patio.

My children woke up Easter morning and we talked about how Easter was when Jesus won a great victory. Then we went to see what the Easter Bunny brought -- my children think that the Easter Bunny helped Jesus win his victory and brings presents to celebrate. I don't know how much of that they get, but I'm trying to lay the foundation.

The Easter Bunny brought my munchkins clothes, toy gardening tools, bubbles, and a DVD each - the Princess and the Frog and the much loved/loathed Elmo. We had an Easter Egg Hunt where my son went and sat in his toy car and my daughter found all of the eggs but one.

My daughter wore both outfits the Easter Bunny brought her because she couldn't decide which one and my son decided he didn't want to visit with anyone and promptly fell asleep at 11, when everyone was due over at the house. He slept through the entire brunch.

By 2, everyone had left. My children were asleep. My husband and I cleaned up and collapsed on the couch.

Happy Easter Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You did great, honey. And, we had the rest of the day off.

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday