I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bye bye Bink

~
We did it. No more binky. Last night was rough, but after getting to lie in bed with Momma for a few hours, my daughter finally stopped whining and crying for her binky and fell asleep.

I tucked her into bed, kissed her sweet, tear stained cheek, and went into the bathroom and cried for about an hour.

She's a big girl.

The think is, I eagerly looked forward to all of the milestones - walking, talking, playing, eating. I worried when they didn't come fast enough, bragged when she did hit them, and charted them carefully in her baby book.

It never dawned on me that I would be sad when the No-More-Binky Milestone came.

I think this is because it is not like the other milestones. The other ones, we were opening doors for her, so that she could gain her independence.

This one? I feel like I'm shutting a door.

I'm shutting the door on her babyhood, and looking at a full grown toddler, who is quickly becoming a preschooler. And I know this is life, and the way things are supposed to be.

It sucks.

How is it, that when you are a parent, the days can seem like years, but the years seem like minutes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday