I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sunshine

~

I had a rotten day yesterday.

My car had less than 1% of a mm of brake pads left and a dying battery, was due for it's 30,000 mile inspection, and needed two new front tires. And when I called the dealership to make an appointment, they informed me that my car was also under a recall. And had been for three months. And no one had contacted me. I saw red.

As I was debating which organ I was going to sell to pay for all of these repairs, my day got worse: A family member hurt me deeply simply by being careless.

So there I was, at the dealership (since my car was still under warranty for the battery, and under recall, I had to take it there), with a three year old and a one year old.

My three year old is in the process of being potty trained.

My one year old is a dare devil monkey who I swear is trying to break his first bone before he turns two.

My mechanic had asked me if he could call my husband to explain things to him "man to man."

The rental car wasn't ready on time, which meant that I had to fight with two car seats to get them out of my car and drag them into the dealership waiting room, while keeping an eye on my two kids. (Oh, and I was wearing a skirt. I hope everyone enjoyed the show.)

I was sitting in an uncomfortable chair, drinking cold, disgusting, "free" coffee, ignoring the glares of the other customers, while my son screamed to hear his voice echo and my daughter whined for Cinderella.

I was trying to decide whether I wanted to scream or cry when my daughter climbed up on my lap and kissed my cheek. "It's okay, Momma," she said. "Don't be mad. The sun will make you happy."

I looked at her, smiling at me so earnestly with her little blonde curls in complete disarray, and I burst out laughing. "You're my sunshine," I told her, hugging her tightly.

She shut her eyes, scrunched up her face, and laughed her great big, fake "Ho-ho-ho!" laugh. "I'm not the sun!" she explained. "I'm a girl!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday