I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, September 10, 2010

One Track Mind

~

My daughter is very determined to get her way.

Yesterday, she left part of her toy in the car. She decided that she needed it at 9:58 pm at night, an hour and 58 minutes past her bedtime.

Me: "No, you cannot have it right now. It's past bedtime."

Girlie: "But I need it."

Me: "No, you don't. You need to go to sleep."

Girlie: "I'll go to sleep after I get it. Doesn't that sound like a good plan?"

Me: "No, it doesn't sound like a good plan. It's dark outside. Mommy will go get your toy when it's light outside."

Girlie: "Okay, you can go get my toy when it's light outside."

....five hours later, at 2:58 in the morning...

Girlie: "Mommy, is it light outside yet?"

Me (groggily): "Huh?"

Girlie: "You said you would get my toy when it's light outside. Is it light outside yet?"

Me (after opening one eye to see my daughter's face an inch a way from mine): "NO! Go back to bed! Mommy's not getting your toy right now!"

Girlie: "I wanna hafta sleep with you."

Me (groaning): "Why?"

Girlie: "Because my bed's wet."

Me: "Why is your bed --never mind. Climb on in."

... three hours later at 5:53 in the morning...

Girlie: (bouncing on my stomach) "Get up Momma! It's light outside. You can go get my toy now!"

Me: "Umph! Baby Girl, Momma will go when there is an eight on the clock."

...five minutes later at 5:58 in the morning...

Girlie: "Momma! There is an 8 on the clock now!"


I have got to teach that child how to tell time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday