I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sickness

~
I hate being sick.

So last night, when I got a pain in my stomach that could only be a stomach bug, I tried to convince myself that the pain was just because I did crunches earlier in the day. Hey, I could have torn my stomach, right?

When I started sweating because I had a fever, I tried to convince myself that it was hot flashes.

When my son had a diaper change that smelled so foul we had to vacate the room and and still had to spray down the room with Febreez an hour later, I tried to convince myself that it was sour milk. Or too many graham crackers. Or man-butt.

When my husband rushed home from Guys Night Out and ran straight to the bathroom to throw up and do "other" things, I tried to convince myself that he was hung over.

When I spent two hours lying in bed moaning because everything hurt instead of sleeping, I tried to convince myself that it was because of the mile and a half run yesterday.

When my daughter came into my room and told me she had a "feber," I tried to convince myself that she just needed attention and pulled her into bed with me.

When my daughter sat up and vomited on my pillow last night at 2:30 in the morning?

Yeah, game over.

We're sick.

1 comment:

  1. I'd have responded earlier, but I got it bad, and when it was over.. do we ever catch up?

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday