I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'll have another?


It's no secret that I want another child.

I wanted four. I come from a family of four children. So does my husband. I love having a big family; there is always someone to talk to and someone to listen; there is always laughter and love.

But we have two and can barely afford those two. I'm not quite sure how we would afford a third. But I know that I am not done having children yet.

I don't know how I know this. One of my friends told me that when you are done, you just know it. Another one of my friends told me that she knew she wasn't done because she kept thinking of her second child as a middle child. And I know that I'm not done. And I have been known to refer to my boy-o as my middle child.

My husband and I see having a third child very differently. I can't wait. Want to get pregnant right now. He is a bit more hesitant....how will we afford a third? Where will we put a baby? What if the third child is like our son (who screamed non stop for 6 weeks after he was born and still has yet to sleep through the night...at 14 months.)?

The other day, in a moment of frustration, I looked to the heavens and asked God when this got easier. Okay, maybe I screamed it. And my husband laughed, gave me a hug, and said "When these two are 11 and 10 and the new one is 8 months old."

Now, you read that and think, wow, he wants to wait 10 years before having another child?!? But I heard it and immediately thought: "Woo-hoo!! He's willing to have a third!!"

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I still go back and forth. My first is so damn difficult (for me) and being single the first go around, I have scars left from it and second guess my ability to have another. But I know...I want one more. I'm not done. We'll see where I am when Jake is 10!

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday