I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cool Little People, Part I


... as I write this, my little ones are tucked into their beds. Boyo is whimpering because he is getting THREE canine teeth and THREE back molars AT THE SAME TIME. Poor little bug. And poor mommy and daddy. The only thing that would make this better is alcohol.

Actually, I am wrong. Something else can make this better. And I am listening to her right now, tucked into bed with her Mickey Mouse books, reading to her pink little guy. As a matter of fact, she just opened up her door, shouted "I love you Mommy!!" and then slammed her door and went back to her reading. How can I not smile at that and feel better?

She is just such a cool little person with an awesome personality. She has the funniest smile and facial expressions -- whenever I tell her to smile for the camera, she gives me the cheesiest smiles. But the mischevious, real smile that she gives me when I catch her misbehaving is the best. It seems like she is always giggling, and she greets every day by shouting "Good morning Sun!" (Except for last week -- it was cloudy, so she turned to me an said very seriously, 'Momma, the sun is not home yet.')

She loves to play pretend. She puts her pants on her head and declares herself an "efelant." Or she runs around in circles, screaming "I'm a hippo, I'm a hippo." She hopped down the hallway at the airport, declaring herself a "froggie." She puts on my headbands and giggles, saying she is a "bunwy wabbit." And today, she curled up into a ball and told me she was an egg when I asked what was wrong.

She is so loving and protective of her family too. When she hugs and kisses you, she puts her whole being into it - to the point where there have been times where I have been knocked over because of her hugs. And every hug is accompanied with a "GOTCHA!"

Even though she is only two, she doesn't like anyone to push her brother around (except her, of course). At school, she stands between him and the other children, and won't let them touch her brother, declaring him "MY Bubba." And she loves to run into his room, reach between the bars of his crib, and tell him "It's okay Bubba. Momma's coming. Don't cry." (I just wish that the boyo wasn't asleep when she did this.) She comes into our room and curls up in bed next to me, and pets me until we both fall asleep. She cuddles up onto her daddy's lap and reads him stories - the most fantastic stories that she makes up while looking at the pictures in her books.

She is so smart too. I am blown away by the fact that I am having conversations with my two year old. And that she uses words like "Either," "Actually," and "Nonetheless" correctly. I love to ask her questions, because when she doesn't know the answer, she makes something up, which is hilarious. Today, I asked her why her brother was crying. She told me, "Um... because he's a lion." How can you not laugh at that?

But what I adore more than her loving actions, goofy smiles, and cheerful games is her inability to lie. And I know that is developmental, not her. I know that it is because she simply hasn't learned yet. And while I am hopeful that she never does learn how to lie, I am not holding my breathe. It's just so refreshing that when I ask her a question, I know I am going to get the truth. The two year old, make you fall over laughing, with tears coming from your eyes, version of the truth.

Stay tuned... boyo is the coolest little guy that I know, and that post is coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday