I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rashes and Boys

~
I discovered that my son had a rash on his torso this morning.

It wasn't when I changed him out of pj's. It wasn't when I changed his diaper (twice!). It was at Bounce U this morning, surrounded by 400 little kids and their mothers.

I may be a pretty laizze-faire parent when it comes to sniffles and coughs - I view them as part of being a kid. A fever may sound alarms in my head if it's over a certain temperature, but mostly I see it as a day to stay home and cuddle with my kids while they fight off whatever they caught.

I don't do rashes.

We were at the doctor's within 1 hour of my noticing the rash. And in that hour I diagnosed my son with all sorts of diseases. Chickenpox. Measles. Bed bugs. Plague. Leprosy. I didn't know what it was since I don't do rashes!

The doctor took one look at it and said, "Hmmm."

"Hmmm" is not a good response for a nervous mother.

She diagnosed it as one of two things - an allergic reaction to something or a "souvenir" from his fall into the pond at the Fullerton Arboretum (ick). She told me not to worry, little boys get rashes all the time. And a blood test would determine what it was.

One blood test (his) and a shattered ear drum (mine) later, we have our result. Allergy.

Now the question is ... to what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday