I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, March 11, 2011

Dear Doctor...

....
Your time is not more important than mine. I know you think it is because you have an MD after your name, but it's not. There are lots of other, good MDs out there - they can have my disgustingly high insurance copay if you don't shape up.

I make the first appointment of the day for a reason. I drag myself out of bed at an ungodly hour, dress my children and stick them in the car for the 7:30 am appointment so that I will not be kept waiting with a three year old and a two year old at the doctor's office. Apparently, you didn't get the memo. If I had wanted to be seen at 8, I would have made an 8 o'clock appointment.

Also, when I have questions about my health/care management plan, do you think you could glance up from your computer and look me in the eye? I'm the pregnant woman in the examining room - you know, your patient. I have a sinking feeling you wouldn't be able to pick me out of a lineup.

Oh, and your nurse/scheduler who told me that my appointment was on a day/time that I could not be there? Yeah, she's gotta go. Her people skills when a patient says, "I'm sorry, but I can't be there then" are dismal. Telling me: "Huh. Well, maybe things will change," before shoving an appointment card at me should not happen. Since she doesn't have the common sense for that, you should really have a "How to Talk to People" discussion/training with her.

The one good note? My kids were better behaved than you or your nurses. They listened to me. They answered my questions. And they were on time.

Sincerely,
Your patient

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday