I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Back in the Classroom

~
For the past two days, I've been back in the classroom. I'm fortunate that my classes are online, so that I get to be a stay at home mom and still do what I love. But I still have to spend about 11 days in classroom. 11 days, out of 180? That's not bad at all.

So for the past two days, I've been in the classroom. And it felt great.

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do it - that I would mess up somehow. But it was seamless.

It made me realize how much I missed it - joking with the students, teaching them things, seeing their "Ah-ha" faces and the "Huh?" faces. I didn't realize how much I missed seeing faces.

My kids, on the other hand, do not care that I got to do something that I miss and enjoy. They are furious with me.

Girlie had gotten used to having me at her beck and call. So now she is testing boundaries. for example, Girlie has spent the past 5 minutes in her room because she refuses to apologize for being mean to her brother. Normally, I can solve that with a quick count of "One...two..." Not tonight. Tonight I got a: "Auntie doesn't make me say sorry!"

Yesterday, Boyo was so clingy that I had to lie in bed with him to get him to go to sleep. He was afraid I would disappear. And today, he doesn't want anything to do with me. I'm trying not to take it personally.

But as difficult as they are being right now, and as much as I miss being in a classroom, I know that I would miss them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday