I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, March 4, 2011

Just when I thought she was growing up too fast...

~
Last night, Girlie had an accident when she was sleeping. It's no big - she sleeps with a blue mat on her bed, so it's a simple matter of pulling the mat and the top cover, changing her and replacing the blue mat and cover blanket. It's so not a big deal that my husband and I can (and have) done it in our sleep.

So last night (or early this morning, depending on your definition), Girlie came into our room and patted my arm. "Momma," she whispered. "I had an accident."

I rolled out of bed and stumbled to her room. Once there, I noticed that the soiled bedding and clothing were piled by her hamper, new bedding had been laid out, and she had changed her pants herself.

"Sweet pea, did you take care of this?" I asked. When she nodded, I gave her a big hug. "What a big girl you are!" But then a though occurred to me as I was tucking her into bed: "Honey-Girl, why did you wake me up if you had taken care of it?"

"Because Momma," she sighed sleepily, "I need you to kiss me back to sleep!"

1 comment:

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday