I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Role

~

I did it.

Day one as a SAHM - I'm surprised at how well it went.

Not because my children were perfect angels (they weren't), or because I was well rested (I wasn't), or because my house is clean (it isn't), or because I made a healthy dinner (I didn't - Hamburger Helper, baby).

It went well because I felt comfortable in the role.

And I was productive today - got up an hour before the kids and got ready for the day. I even gave myself a pedicure and ate breakfast. I was enjoying a quiet cup of coffee on my patio when I heard my daughter stirring.

I'm proud to say we only watched 2 TV shows (per kid, but 2 TV shows sounds better when I don't add that part). We ate breakfast, went for a walk, and had a dance off. At that point, it was only 9 am, and I was scrambling for ideas of what to do. So off we went to the library and to run some errands. We came home and had arts and craft time. We ate lunch. They took naps and I debated - dishes, laundry, or bills? I watched a TV show and read instead. When they woke up, we went to the movies, and then came home to hang out with Daddy.

Somewhere in there, I was able to do 3 loads of laundry, a load of dishes, clean my bathroom, and clean out my car (okay, so all the crap from my car is sitting in a laundry basket, waiting to be sorted through. And the 3 loads of laundry still have to be folded. And there is another load of dishes to be done). I also got sweet talked by my husband into making 5 dozen cookies. But I stayed on top of it all.

I have a feeling that today is going to be an exception, rather than the rule, in terms of productivity.

Still, all that worrying was for nothing?

2 comments:

  1. You did it, I knew you would!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a fabulously productive first day. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday