I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fresh and New and Perfect

~

I felt a little pang yesterday when I realized that my co-workers had gone back to work.

They were in front of classroom, starting a brand new year, talking and joking with students. This is the best part of the school year, when everything is fresh and new and PERFECT. Faculty meetings are over for a month. You aren't burnt out. You don't have 21 nasty parent emails in your inbox to deal with. You don't have a student in tears because you caught her cheating. Your principal hasn't grabbed you (yet) to ask you to do just one more small, little thing that won't take you much time at all but it ends up taking up the entire year and you aren't getting paid for it. (Sorry, went off on a tangent there.)

And I wanted that - I wanted that feeling of fresh and new and perfect. So I was a little sad. And then I received an email from a friend and former colleague who told me that my presence was missed. And that made me more sad.

But then I realized that if I was at work, I would have missed this time with my kids:

Here's my fresh.


And my new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday