I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, September 14, 2012

More Girlie-isms

"Mommy, I have good news and bad news," she told me after doing a medical check up on me (just like Doc McStuffins). "The good news is that Walking Sticks can walk.  The bad news is the bees are black and yellow."
 
~

Girlie came in and woke me up the other day at 6 am -- this never happens.  She is my night owl and the hardest of my kiddos to wake up in the morning.  But we live by a ranch and she heard the rooster crowing.  "Get up Mommy!" she said shaking my shoulder.  "The chicken says it's time to get up!"

~

Desperate to win a game against her brother (who was beating her about 100 to 2 in Basketball) Girlie hid all of the balls but one in her closet.  Then she took the one ball and held it over her head.  "We are playing a game," she informed her brother.  "It's called who can hold the ball up the highest."

"I WIN!" Boyo shouted, holding his hands up above his head.

Girlie looked down her nose at him.  "No, you lose," she said pompously.  "You don't have a ball."

~

I wasn't feeling well the other day -- sick to my stomach, back ache, head ache, etc.  Girlie tucked a blanket around me, gave it a kiss it better, and then said, "Don't worry Mommy.  I will boss everyone around today so you don't have to.  You rest."

~

The night before Girlie started at her new school, she said, "Mom, what if I don't like the other kids?"

I misheard her -- I thought she said, "Mom, what if the other kids don't like me?"  So I told her not to worry, she was going to make friends and that people will like her.

"Mom," she sighed.  "I know that.  I'm awesome.  But what if the other kids aren't awesome like me?"

~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday