I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, May 2, 2011

Prenatal Potpourri

~
Driving to a prenatal appointment, I pointed out the hospital to the kids. "That is where Mommy is going to go when she has the baby," I explained. "You guys will get to come visit me with Gam Gam and Poppa."

Girlie piped up: "Sometimes, when I have little babies, I have to go to the hospital too so the doctor can help the baby pop out of my foot."

~
I took Girlie's hand and put it on my belly. "Feel that, sweetie?" I asked. "That is the baby doing jumping jacks."

She felt carefully for a minute and then took my hand and put it on her stomach. "Do you feel that Mommy?" she asked me seriously. "That is the pillows in my tummy jumping on my spine."

~
My daughter informed me that her tummy hurt because the pillows were jumping around. I told her that sometimes rubbing the baby made my tummy feel better, and maybe if she rubbed her tummy, the pillows would stop.

After thinking it over, she said, "No, only cupcakes will make the pillows stop jumping around."

~
Girlie informed me that Baby must have a pump in my belly, since my tummy is getting so big.

~
My daughter told me that she is sharing the bed she slept in when she was in my tummy with her baby sister. She then told me it was a good bed because it was only 12 steps away from the kitchen. Um, how big am I getting?

~
Girlie informed me that she needed a snuggle today. When I opened my arms, she said, "Not with you! With Baby!" She then gently laid her head on my belly and said, "I love my sister."

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA she is just so precious...tell her i had a great time seeing her and J while i was out there this weekend. -xoxo Auntie M

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday