I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

HURRAH!

~
Baby Girl's brain is GOOD!

As I mentioned last Friday, my OB had some concerns about Baby Girl's brain -- there was a "gap" between her brain and her skull. So I went in for a fetal diagnostic today.... and after about half an hour and all sorts of measurements, the perinatal doctor said that Baby's brain looks good!

The good news is that her brain looks good and there are no other "brain-al" abnormalities. The bad news is that they still don't know what the gap is. The okay news is that babies typically have a space between their brain and skull, but that space is normally 1 cm. Baby Girl's measures 1.06 cm. (So that is the medical definition of a "smidge"...)

.06 doesn't seem like that big a difference to me, but to a teeny tiny baby, who knows? So they are going to monitor it... I have another fetal diagnostic in 4 weeks, and then they will do a head ultrasound when the baby is born. But the perinatal doctor seemed to think this would clear up on its own.

On another note, Baby Girl's tummy is measuring at 34 weeks (not the 31 weeks gestational age it should be measuring at) because we are having problems keeping my blood sugars under control. But before I could even flip out over that measurement, let alone process it, the doctor said that all that meant was that I would have a "Buddah-esque baby."

And I got a new due date -- one week earlier than what they had said originally.

All in all, a fabulous day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday