I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, May 6, 2011

Nap Time

~
My life is going to be crazy for the next two weeks (well, crazier).

I'm back in the classroom 3-4 days a week for about 4 hours a day - but I'm not really sure which days/hours. Which makes finding childcare difficult, since my schedule changes day to day.

Yesterday, I had it all figured out. My good friend took Boyo for the morning. Girlie got to spend the whole day at PreK.

Here was what my day looked like:

7:45 - Drop Girlie off at PreK
8: Drop Boyo off at friend's house
9: Make it to my classroom
1:30: Finish up my classroom, pick up Boyo at friend's.
2: Doctor's
3: Pick Up Girlie at school
4:30 Swim Lesson's for Girlie
5:30: Boyo's friend comes over for dinner.

I was stressing over yesterday. Everything depended on my being on time (which I never am), not hitting any traffic (I live in SoCal, come on), and my children behaving. The last one was the one that kept me up late worrying. I knew Boyo wasn't going to get a nap. And I knew Girlie wasn't going to get her quiet, snuggle with Mommy time. So I thought that 4 o'clock on was going to be difficult (to put it mildly).

And then I got this picture texted to me by my friend at 1:


Yeah, my son slept until 3. My friend (who totally rocks) told me to go to the doctor by myself.

I don't think my doctor recognized me without two kids in tow.

And after I went to the doctor, I went to pick up Girlie.

Who was asleep on her mat at school.

So my children will nap for anyone but me.

I'm beginning to think I'm the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday