I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Marlon the Fish

~

We have a fish tank at our house. In it swim about a thousand little black and white mollies, a frog, and a sucker fish. We started with the frog, a sucker fish, and 5 black and white mollies.

The mollies are procreating.

There are probably about 4 generations of mollies in that tank.

And now... there is Marlon the Goldfish.

Why? Because we went to our church's festival last night.

Girlie was very excited --she knew their would be a goldfish toss booth and she told me, quite determinedly, that she was going to get a goldfish. (Not win. She seemed to think I was going to just go buy one for her.)

I was hoping that she wouldn't.

Still, I bought the tickets, traded a ticket in for 8 ping pong balls, and hoisted her up so that she could see over the counter to throw the ping pong balls towards the cups of colored water.

I figured I was safe... after all, she has aim like me. So when the first seven balls went no where near the cups of colored water, I relaxed.

The eighth ball made it in through the grace of God and the wind.

Girlie was shrieking with delight as the game attendant handed her a sandwich bag filled with water and a gold feeder fish.

She promptly named it Marlon.



I named it that damn fish.

What am I going to tell her when that damn fish dies?

Because I know that is going to happen... the stupid feeder fish will die in 24 hours before Girlie has time to forget about it. And I will have to either explain death to a three year old or run to the store and buy another feeder fish that will probably die in 24 hours...

Or we could play Finding Nemo: The Home Game, as my husband suggested.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't so lucky. My kiddos won several of these fish and they NEVER died! They got to be so big I had to give them away to a fish store. I kid you not they were some plump little shits that were at least 6" to 8" long. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday