I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Teaching Stuff...

~

Why am I always surprised at the number of students who suddenly care about their grade a week before the final?

~

To the parents who believe their child doesn't ever, ever tell a lie, allow me to give you a tip: if I call you and tell you that your child is not doing work, and your child tells you that they are working when you ask them about it -- I'm not lying.

~

I need to make a recording of the following: "No, I am not going to give you extra credit so you can pass when you haven't done any work all semester." It would save me a lot of time if I could just hit play instead of repeating myself over and over and over and over....

~

I have got to stop laughing and then saying, "Oh, wait, seriously?" when my students ask me when the final is.

~

The day of the final is not the best time to tell me you don't understand the causes of World War II.

~

No, I will not give you extra credit because you saw The King's Speech.

~

A tip to my students: Stop gripping about taking the final. I have to grade 200 of them. Do you hear me complaining?

~

No, we are not going to pretend you took the final because no one will know.

~

How is it that I can email my students the last date work is due, I can post the last date work is due on my web page, and I can tell my students daily in class the last day work is due, but I will still get 15 emails from students asking me, "Ms. G, what is the last day work is due?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday