I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, January 24, 2011

I Guess I'm Doing Something Right...

~
Girlie came up to me today and told me she was going to read me a story. She then proceeded to grab my When Everything Changed: The Amazing Journey of American Women From 1960 to the Present and randomly flipped it open.

[I tried really hard to not wince when she started with "Once Upon a Time..."]

"Once upon a time, there was princess named Snow White," she 'read,' "and she had a naughty Queen who sent her to live with the dwarfs. Grumpy is my favorite. Snow White fell asleep after eating an apple -- see, Mommy, I told you apples are bad! -- and the prince came and kissed her and she woke up and they lived happily every after."

"Wow," I said. "Did Snow White go to college?"

"Yes," Girlie said, nodding vigorously. "And so did Cinderella."

"That's really good!" I told her. "It's important to use your smarts! What did Cinderella and Snow White learn about at college?"

"How to be a princess," Girlie said with a total duh-attitude.

At least she thinks going to college is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday