I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, July 16, 2010

Reason Number 146:

My daughter has decided that she no longer needs naps. I beg to differ.

Still, on her 3rd birthday she told me, very seriously, "Momma, I'm fwee. I am a BIG girl now. So I don't need naps anymowe."

I stifled my laughter and replied with a "We'll see."

I forgot how stubborn my daughter is... she has only taken one nap since her birthday, almost a month ago, unless she falls asleep in the car at 5 or 6 pm. And when I try to put her down, she has several reasons why she doesn't need to nap.

Here's a conversation we recently had during naptime. I've started lying down with her because, come on, that is the only way I'll get my nap.

Baby Girl: "Momma, here, cover your face with the blankie. You need to take a nap."

Me: "Okay, Jelly Bean, but you need to take a nap too."

Baby Girl: "I can't, Momma, I have to do my work."

Me: "Oh my goodness! You must be very busy. What work do you have to do?"

Baby Girl: "16-4."

Me: "Hmmmm.... sounds important. What kind of work is that?"

Baby Girl: "It's 16-4. Now cover your face, sweetcakes. I have to do my work. You take a nap. No more talking, Jelly Bean. I love you."

I did as I was told. I took a nap.

I hope she got her work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday