I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, June 25, 2010

The Stories Parents Tell...

~
My daughter finally gave up the binky. It's been six weeks now, and I thought we were doing pretty well... every now and then she asks for it, but then I remind her that Sleeping Beauty if borrowing it; she accepts it and moves on.

Until last night.

We went to Disneyland to see the Fantasmic Watershow and Fireworks Display.

Both of my kids loved it, and we got to see Belle, Snow White, and the Little Mermaid. My daughter was in princess heaven.

When we left though, she suddenly screamed: "STOP MOMMA!"

Stopping abruptly -- to the people who were behind me and crashed into me, again, I'm truly sorry -- I asked what was wrong, as I was frantically checking her over for a scratch, cut, broken bone, bullet hole... whatever it was that was making her scream so loudly.

"We need to see Sleeping Beauty," she explained.

My husband and I shared a confused look. "Why?" I asked her.

"To get my binky back," she said matter of factly.

Oh, bloody hell.

"Well, she doesn't have it right now," I hedged.

"Did she give it to Prince Philip?" my daughter asked.

I grabbed onto that like a life line. "YES! Yes, she gave it to Prince Philip!"

"Well, well, well, then we need to go find Prince Philip," my daughter said.

Clearly, she would not be deterred. "Well, he's not here," my husband said.

"Where is he?"

"He went on a quest," I told her. I was quite proud of that one, sure she would let it go. Oh, not my daughter.

"How did he go?" my daughter asked.

"He went to fight the dragon," I told her.

"Will he give me my binky when he comes back?" my girlie asked.

"No, he'll give it to Sleeping Beauty," I explained.

"Okay, lets go wait for Prince Philip with Sleeping Beauty!" my daughter decreed.

How did I get outsmarted by a 3 year old?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday