I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, September 23, 2011

We Still Have Some Work To Do

~
I've been trying to teach Boyo and Girlie to work out their differences without involving me. Why?

I'm busy with the baby and work. And I'm tired. And, most importantly, if I have to referee one more whiny, "S/He hi-iiit me!" I'm going to lose my ever-lovin' mind.

If you aren't bleeding, and there is not a body part I have to tape back on, I don't want to hear about it.

So I have convinced myself that this doesn't make me a sh#$%y mother; rather, I am teaching my children conflict resolution skills.

And yesterday, I was sitting outside in the rocker feeding the baby while the older two painted. Boyo, of course, smacked Girlie because he could.

"Hey," Girlie snapped. "Don't hit me. You have to apology!" And no, that is not a typo. She said apology. Not apologize. Apology. Instead of laughing, though, I was patting myself on the back for giving them the verbal cues to use.

Boyo, however, was having none of that. After all, his big sister is smaller than he is. Why should he listen to her? Besides, the ants crawling up the side of the picnic table were much more interesting. "What them doing Mom-mee?" he asked me.

Wisely, I chose to stay out of it.

"Brother," Girlie all but growled. "You. Hit. Me. That's not nice! Now say your apology."

Boyo looked at Girlie and then looked at me. I hid my self satisfied smile and tried to look stern.

"Sorry," he sang out to his sister.

"Wow, guys, that's really goo--" I began to praise before Girlie interrupted me.

"Now say it like you mean it," she yelled at her brother.

"No!" he yelled back.

"Fine!" Girlie yelled.

And smacked him in the arm.

Sigh..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday