I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, September 12, 2011

My Little Mommy - or my Bossy Little Girl.

I took the kids to a bounce house last week, as it was hot as the blazes and I was not sitting at a park.

There was another little boy there -- too old not to be in school, so I don't know what he was doing at a bounce house on a school day.

And this little boy was being a snot to my son.

I watched and waited. I wanted to see how Boyo would handle it. I was prepared to intervene if Boyo started to hit or bite, but I know I can't fight all of Boyo's battles for him. A controlled environment seemed like a good place to let him learn how to deal with difficulty.

I watched as this little boy bossed my son around, took his toys, and ordered Boyo not to play with the air hockey table. I was getting more and more irritated but I managed to keep my mouth shut, although I was glaring daggers at the mom who wasn't doing anything.

Boyo wasn't doing anything when the other kid was being a brat; he would just shrug and move on. The other boy would follow him and continue to boss him around or take his toys. Finally, I had enough; I had to say something.

"HEY!" I snapped at the kid. "There is no reason to be rude. He's not bothering you."

At this point the mom looked up. "Oh, is my son being difficult?" She asked innocently. "I'm sure your boy did nothing wrong; it was probably mine. He's a rude little boy."

I was stunned. I'm not one to judge another mother, but I couldn't help to judge this one. I truly didn't know how to respond.

Luckily, Girlie did. "If he's being rude, you should tell him not to be," she instructed the other mom.

The mom blinked at my daughter and looked at me for what I can only assume was guidance.

I shrugged and replied: "She's right."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday