I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Sunday, February 6, 2011

What would you do?

I'm flying up North to see my family this weekend. With Girlie and Boyo. By myself. The thought of it makes me slightly ill.

Girlie has flown several times before - no prob. She's easy - a new coloring book, a new box of crayons, and a juice cup and she will forget she's on a plane.

Boyo scares the bejeezus out of me. The last time he was on a plane he was six months old. And he is not a calm, listen-to-Mommy-follow-directions-type of toddler.

I'm scared that this is going to happen.

So I'm scared of the flight, excited for the challenge, and wondering if my belief in my ability to handle two toddlers on an airplane is stronger than my actual ability to handle two toddlers on an airplane.

And, as I do with everything, I'm planning ahead like crazy. DVD player, check. New toys, check. Enough snacks to get us through a week, check. A change of clothes, check. 100 diapers, check.

Each kid gets their own seat. And hence, my predicament...

...do I drag Boyo's carseat through the airport so I can put him in his seat, thereby restraining him for the flight? The thought of dragging it through the airport, with two kids and all their sh#$ is a very daunting task.

...or do I check it and hope and pray (hard), that my son will sit docilely on the airplane, trapped between me and the window, and calmly eat snacks, drink juice, and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. The thought of him refusing to do sit quietly, possibly (probably) screaming, climbing, and doing God knows what else, is also very daunting.

What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. God be with you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would I do? I would have family from up North come down here! I've never been on a plane with my lil' guy and I'm not so sure I ever want to. You're a brave one and a good mama so I'm sure it will all work out just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday