I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lack of Understanding or Stubbornness?

~
My daughter is all about numbers lately. She could count to twenty by the time she was two, but she was just reciting the stupid number song I had taught her. But now she gets that numbers represent something... she goes around and counts everything she can. She wants to know how old people are. How many pets they have. How many cheerios are in her bowl. How many cars on the freeway.

So we were sitting in the car the other day and she was counting how many girls there were (2) versus how many boys (1). Then she started counting all of the white cars. Then she counted all of the gold fish she had in her cup. And then she moved on to ages.

"I'm three," she told me.

"Uh-huh," I murmured.

"Brother's two."

"That's right," I said absentmindedly.

"Daddy's thirty-five."

"Good."

"You're forty one."

"That's ri--wait, what? No, I'm not," I said a little desperately. "Girlie, don't add to Mommy's age. Mommy's only 31."

"That's what I said," Girlie said with exasperation. "You're forty one."

The little devil just shoved me over the hill.

1 comment:

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday