I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mommy vs. Auntie

~
Scenerio: My son pulls his shoe off at the park and proceeds to throw it at another little boy.

Mommy: (on it before the shoe makes it off his foot) No, honey, keep your shoes on, we don't take your shoes off at the park.

Auntie: I wonder why he's taking his shoe off... oh, he can't throw it that far... oh, yes he can! Ha!
(They had to leave the park after the other kid's mom got mad)

~
Scenerio: My daughter orders Momma and her Auntie not to talk.

Mommy: Girlie, I don't like it when you talk to us like that. It's very rude, and you are just a little girl. If you talk to us like that again, you will go to your room.

Auntie: (Turns to me) I can't talk to you any more because Girlie said I'm not allowed.

~
Scenerio: My children want cheetos - and only cheetos - for lunch.

Mommy: You can have some if you eat some cheese, apple slices, and sandwich too.

Auntie: That sounds good... do you guys want some juice to wash it down? Here's the bag of cheetos, can you guys share on your own? (Cheetos are now ground into my carpet.)

~
Scenerio: Girlie is crying because Boyo took her Barbie laptop away.

Mommy: We are going to share and take turns. Boyo, it's Girlie's turn right now. It can be your turn in one minute.

Auntie: (scoops up Boyo) If you give this back to Sissy, I'll buy you your own.

~
Scenerio: Other moms at the park are debating what kind of new car to get.

Mommy: (shamelessly eavesdropping and thinking) Oh, that's a good point. I'll have to tell my husband... what? Oh, you can't get that car with three kids and one on the way...

Auntie: (shamelessly eavesdropping and thinking) Are you kidding me? What is this, Desperate Housewives of North Orange County? Just buy a car all ready!

1 comment:

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday