I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, December 3, 2010

Things I've Learned About My Son in the Past 12 Hours

1. He sleepwalks. Right to my side of the bed. And then he wakes up, kisses my hand, and says, "Momma, uppie?"

2. He is quite proud of his vocabulary at 2:30 in the morning. He sat on my pillow and named everything in my room he could see. And when he found something he didn't know the name to? He smacked me on the head and asked, "That?"

3. When he says he wants Momma at 3 in the morning, he means he wants Momma. So I had no luck kicking my husband awake and telling him to take care of Boyo.

4. My son likes to sleep on my neck. Not curled up next to me, not on my chest, on my neck. Which means I don't sleep at all. Or breathe.

5. For some odd reason, my son has decided he has to sleep with the Sleeping Beauty DVD case. Getting hit in the head with the Sleeping Beauty DVD case at 3:30 in the morning is not pleasant.

And what have I learned about my husband in the past 12 hours?
He's really good at pretending to sleep through all of the above.

2 comments:

  1. Your husband too?? That could have been written by me about Emily. Ugh. I keep telling myself they will grow up and won't do it anymore! (And then we'll be complaining because we don't get to snuggle anymore. It's never ending!) =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things I've learned about my wife in the Past 3 years:

    1. She's a heavier sleeper than I am.

    2. She has no problem poking me until I get out of bed.

    3. She has no idea how bone tired I really am when I don't get up with the kids.

    4. She is the love of my life.

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday