I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, October 11, 2010

Thank You Boyo

~
A Thank You Letter To My Son:

Thank you for going with me to the mail box two weeks ago. Your very presence when I got hit with two pieces of bad news made me smile and take a deep breath instead of cursing the heavens and collapsing into fetal position.

Thank you for cuddling with me that night as I pondered how our little family was going to survive. Your sweet little body pressed against mine reminded me how lucky I am.

Thank you for dancing with me in the rain. Your delight and excitement in this new game made me smile and let me truly laugh for the first time in weeks.

Thank you for being quiet when I took the phone call that changed our lives for the better - the one that gave me the job I desperately needed but still allows me to stay home and play with you.

Thank you for cheering and clapping when I got off the phone and I started jumping up and down, screaming, "I got the job," like a lunatic. I know you didn't have a clue what was going on, but your joy was infectious and made me feel so proud and happy that I could provide for you and your "Sissy."

Thank you for your sweet smile and sticky kiss when I scooped you up and danced around the room with you. I needed that more than I knew.

Thank you, my darling boy, for filling my heart with love and for giving me strength.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday