I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, October 18, 2010

Big Boy Bed

~
There are so, so many reasons why I think we picked the wrong time to move our son out of the crib and into a big boy bed.

1. I just started a new job where I work from home, so nap time desperately has to happen.

2. I'm going to be working a few hours in the evening when my husband is home, so a routine bedtime is a must.

3. Since I just started a new job, my schedule is crazy and my kids are not getting quality Mom time. In fact, I'm mildly ashamed of how much TV they are watching. So I can't cuddle and soothe as much, in order to make this transition easier.

4. We are talking about potty training Boyo next month.

5. Boyo had slept in an Elmo Toddler Bed for awhile, but it scared the bejeezus out of him, so we weren't very consistent.

Still, none of this crossed our minds when my parents offered us a free twin mattress. And since there wasn't enough room for an Elmo bed, crib, and twin mattress in his room, the Elmo bed and crib were dismantled and stored in the garage. Boyo and I went shopping so he could pick out new sheets and blankets. We were good to go.

Bedtime on day 1 was a dream come true. Mattress is comfy, guard rail is up, and he loved the new bed.

Naptime on day 2 was perfect. He even took a 4 hour nap!! Still, I remembered when we made the switch to a mattress with our daughter: it was on about day 3 when she realized she could get out of the bed.

My son is a faster learner than she was at that age.

Bedtime on day 2 was a nightmare. He kept coming out of his room, peeking his head around the corner and saying "Hi," before he would wave at us and run back to his room. Finally, we dusted off the baby gate and put it up. So he sat at the gate and screamed for two hours.

Naptime on day 3 was no better. I finally thought I had him down when I rounded the corner and found this:
Great. Girlie's conspiring with him against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday