I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, October 15, 2010

HELP!

~

I am so overwhelmed.

I am treading water frantically, but I'm still under a foot of water.

And I feel horribly guilty complaining about being overwhelmed because I wanted this job. I prayed for it. I was sure it would be absolutely perfect for me.

And now...

I have two kids that just want their mommy to play with them.

I have a To Do List that is 2 pages long. And that is just for work. And I only know how to do half of the crap on the list.

I have another To Do List that is 1 page long. And that's for my house.

I am an idiot and decided to have a garage sale this Saturday. Yeah, is it set up? No.

My daughter's field trip to the pumpkin patch is on Monday, at the exact same time as my first department meeting.

I'm in the process of hiring a nanny, which means interviews.

My kids' playroom is so thrashed that in order to pick it up, I have to jump over three piles of toys just to get into it.

I have four loads of laundry waiting to be folded, and five more waiting to be run.

I'm supposed to make a plate of sandwiches for a picnic today.

I have a sink full of dishes that desperately need to be washed... I'm afraid of the insect life that will be attracted to them soon.

I have a husband who tells me just to relax, he'll take care of it... and then goes outside to smoke a cigar.

All I want to do is drink a cup of coffee, lay on the couch with a blanket, and watch the week of TV that I have DVR'd. Or I want to sit down, drink a glass of wine and cry. Or I want to go for a run. Or to a yoga class. Or just AWAY.

And I'm blogging about it, instead of working...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday