I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, May 14, 2010

And AGAIN...

~
Once again, sickness has visited my lil family.

Only this time, it decided to grab me with its feeling-wretched-vomit-until-your-insides-ache-fever-induced-shakes tentacles.

It started on Mother's Day, when my daughter threw up. Monday, she seemed okay, so, although I was worried about her, I sent her to school. On Tuesday, I took my last sick day to stay home with her.

Other than her digestive issues, she was her normal, cheerful self. Oh good, I thought. Maybe she will be the only one to get sick. I'm a foolish woman.

Wednesday night, my son started vomiting. My husband rushed him to the bathroom, where I got to see my 17 month old son standing over the toilet, grasping the bowl, throwing up into the toilet. As bizarre as this sounds, he looked so grown up. I had a flash forward to him in college, dealing with a hangover.

Once we got him cleaned up, we went back to bed where I broke out in the sweats. Since I did not have anymore sick days, I willed the illness away, and the next morning, I dropped both my kids off at school (where I crossed my fingers that my boy could make it until 12:30, when my classes were over for the day), and went to work.

My boyo didn't even make it until 9 am.

After the inital panic, my husband and I worked it out. I would go pick up boyo and bring him to my work. My husband would come to my work, pick him up, and take him home.

On the way back to work, I began to feel a little nauseous. That's odd, I thought. I need must need some fresh air. I rolled down my window and promptly threw up out my car window.

I had to go to work with vomit on my leg in order to get a sub for a class that started in 5 minutes.

I was so sick I could only lie in bed and moan for a day and a half. My husband had to use his sick days to take care of our boyo and me.

Dear God, when does this end? I'm so tired of everyone always being sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday