I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, January 1, 2010

A Momma's New Years Resolution


I don't do New Year's Resolutions. I end up breaking them within hours (literally!) so what is the point?

However, this year, I decided to try something new. I am going to make New Years Resolutions - but this time I'm focusing on bettering myself as a mom, rather than focusing on bettering myself. Besides, to my way of thinking, by bettering myself as a mom, I am bettering myself.

So here goes - I didn't want to do something completely unachievable, like resolving to be a perfect mother (since we all know that is impossible), so I'm going to focus on small things - things I know I can do.

1. I am going to be more patient - I will count to ten before I tell my children "No!" after they ask me for the 50th time for another Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

2. I will listen - not just to what they are saying, but to what they mean.

3. I will respond - again, not just to what they are saying, but to what they mean.

4. I will give them what they need, even if it is not what they want. Yes, that means veggies.

5. I will give them what they want (within reason).

6. I will limit the amount of TV they watch a day to 30 minutes a day. Okay, 1 hour. No, 30 minutes. I tell you what - I'll take it as it comes.

7. I will help them kick the binky habit.

8. I will get my daughter potty trained. I swear. No matter how much easier diapers are.

9. I will get my son off the bottle. Whether he wants it or not.

10. I will give them an extra 1000 hugs and kisses a day, instead of the 1000 I give them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday