I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gunk


So being a parent means dealing with gunk. All sorts of gunk. Snot. Poop. Pee. Baby food. Dirt. Mud. The mysterious substance that your son is holding that you really don't want to know what it is. You get the idea. And I've actually gotten pretty good at dealing with gunk. I barely shudder when it comes flying at me. I think I'm pretty calm and collected - wipe it up, wash my hands, and move on. (Except with snot. I hate snot. Eww. Ick. Gross.)

And then my son woke up Christmas morning with some gunk around his eye. No biggie, I thought. Warm washcloth, wipe it up, he's clean, I'm happy. Except that the gunk kept coming back. And back. And back. I actually ran out of washcloths.

So, being the technologically savvy mom that I am, I googled eye gunk. Top result? Pink Eye.

Oh, bloody hell.

One trip to Urgent Care later, it was confirmed. Pink Eye. But not just pink eye. No, that would be too easy. Pink Eye. Sinus Infection. Ear Infection. And, for those of you who don't know, my son is also asthmatic. He is currently on five medications. We have to tape a log to his bedroom door to keep track of who gave him what and when.

One of the medications is eye drops.

Have you ever tried to give eye drops to a 1 year old?

I have. Four times a day.

Ha!

And, of course, pink eye is highly contagious. I have a two year old daughter. Guess what she woke up with this morning?

Gunk in her eye.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah....Jake has chronic sinus infections (has the doc actually diagnosed this....? Nope, but me and WebMd have) and had a bad one that infected his eyes too. Nasty ish! And I had to literally pin him down to get eye drops in. No fun!

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday