I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, January 15, 2010

Dare Devil

My son is a dare devil. Oh, and did I mention that he is only 13 months?

I can't help but remember what his pediatrician told me when he was born. "Boys are hard until they are 2. After that, all you have to do is keep them from killing themselves." Apparently my son is an early learner.

See, he didn't only learn how to walk. Oh, no, that would be too easy. He also learned how to climb. The purpose of my life now is to pull him down from whatever item he has walked over to and decided to climb up. The couch. Coffee table. Counter. Kitchen table. The window sill --with his sister's help. (How on earth did the two of them manage that?!?!) And, when my back was turned, the playground slide. (I think I had a heart attack that day. I swear I did.)

Every time I grab him, I gently scold him (like he understands). He giggles and claps his hands, his smile a mile wide. I sigh, kiss his little fuzz ball head, and put him down, so that he can immediately toddle off, to climb up on another piece of furniture.

Would it be weird if I carpeted my entire house in pillows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday