I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, June 9, 2014

Invisible People

The middle two are afraid of monsters. 

During the day, it's a delighted fear - full of screams and shrieks of laughter. 

During the night, it's a terrified fear - waking up screaming and climbing into bed with us. 

(Have you ever tried to share a bed with a 52 pound 5 year old old who kicks, a 31 pound 2 year old who sleeps sideways, and a 160+ pound husband who snores?  It's not pleasant.  Or restful.)

We have tried everything we can think of ... Monster Spray (Lysol - destroys monsters and cleans at the same time).  Sleeping with swords (don't ask).  Logic (monsters aren't real).  Sleeping with lights on (you don't want to see my electric bill).  Keeping their rooms clean so that there are no uncertain shapes/shadows at 2 in the morning (that was a a traumatic experience for all involved.)

Nothing works... they just climb into bed with us. 

And one of us (normally me) goes and sleeps in one of their beds. 

This morning Boyo informed me that last night, he didn't see monster.  He saw invisible people walking through our house. 

"Huh," I said.  "Did they scare you?"

"Nope," he said definitively.

"What did they look like?"

"I don't know.  They were invisible." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday