I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, January 31, 2014

Job Security

~

I volunteer in Girlie's class on Mondays.

The class started a unit about Presidents and this past Monday the teacher began talking to the class about what a president does.  (I only had to bite my tongue about 5 times to keep myself from chiming in and correcting misconceptions.)

He ended with, "Doesn't that sound like fun!?  Who wants to be President when they grow up?"

Almost every hand shot up.  Every hand but Girlie's.

"Why don't you want to be President?"  he asked her.

Girlie looked at me.  She looked at her teacher.  She began to look very worried.

"Mommy says I shouldn't want to be president," Girlie explained quietly, looking at me as though I was leading her astray.

The teacher looked at me, dumbfounded.  I shrugged and hid a smile.  He directed the next question to Girlie.  "Why shouldn't you be President?" he asked her.

"Mommy says I should want to be a lawyer Supreme Court Justice cuz they have job security and other stuff I don't remember."  

Her teacher was speechless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday