I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, November 4, 2013

Took A Day

Remember here when I said I had taken on a lot?

Well, Holy Mother of God, it all came to a head last week.

I had a crisis or situation or problem or task to deal with in every single job, task, and volunteerism that I do.

Could just one thing go right for me?

No.

And then we all got sick.

And Halloween was on Thursday.

It was not my finest week. 

How I made it though without drinking heavily, I still don't know.

So on Friday, I took a day.

Those of you who know me well know that I rarely take a day.

Sure, I'll take a day off work, but then I cram my day so full of kiddo activities, so it's not a true day.

Or I will get a sitter come in, and then sit down at my computer and work for 12 hours straight.  That is certainly not a day.

But Friday, I took a day.  It was glorious.

No work.

No playdates.

No school.

The computer went on for only a few matters that I had to clean up.

Only vital texts were sent and returned -- and the most important texts were to my husband, telling him that we loved him.

The kids and I stayed in our pajamas all day.  And we had fun.  We built.  We created.  We giggled.  We vegged in front of the TV.  We read.  We just were

And I realized that as much as I needed this -- they needed it more.  They needed the reminder that they are what is important -- that our family is the most important thing to me and all the other crap is secondary (hell, some of it doesn't even make the top 10, so I'm not even sure why I have to deal with it... )

So WE took a day.

We made jelly rolls for breakfast.

We made monster hats - pipe cleaners and colanders.




We colored.

We made marshmallow structures.





We ate marshmallows.

We just hung out together.  Awesome day.  Awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday