I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, November 25, 2013

Stitches


A few weeks ago, Girlie was dancing in the shower, because hey, why not?
 
Then she slipped and fell, but it was okay, because her chin and the shower step broke her fall. 

Yeah, there was blood everywhere.  

Once I calmed her down and peered at her chin, I knew we were spending the next few hours at the ER.  

Mission Viejo CHOC ER is FABULOUS.  I mean, if you HAVE to go to the ER.  I wouldn't recommend it for a Saturday night date or anything. 

They had a sick waiting room and a well child waiting room for Peds.  Each room was filled with books and toys and everything a six year old girl needs to forget that there is blood gushing from her chin.  The ER rooms were actual rooms with TVs and DVD players -- no rolling beds with a curtain pulled around you.  And they have a CHOC employee who's ONLY job is to talk to the kids and keep them entertained so they aren't afraid.  

Girlie loved it.  Not the blood gushing from the chin part, but all the attention.  And not having to battle her brother for the cool remote that "is attached to the bed, Mommy!"  

One Jungle Book movie, two Fancy Nancy Books, 3 hours and 4 stitches later, we were home.  

Oh, and the doctor had to ask Girlie to stop chattering so he could stitch her chin.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday