I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, March 5, 2012

Baptism

Well, we finally did it.

After almost 8 months of life, three months of planning, 6 months of my Great Aunt threatening baby limbo if we don't take care of this RIGHT NOW (do they still have baby limbo?), and a stressful weekend setting up, BabyGirlie got dunked.


That is, she was baptized into the Catholic faith.


It was a moving, crowded, loud experience that she screamed through -- instead of pouring water over her head, her Daddy and I opted for full immersion. That means she is stripped naked, presented to the crowd, and then dunked three times (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, ya'll) in what appeared to be a very nice, tiled bathtub.




It was awesome.





But my favorite part was after his sister was baptized, Boyo looked at me with wide eyes and said, "I no want that."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday