I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Only 40 more days until Christmas...


I saw this on FB and it made me laugh.

I've always been adamant about NOT celebrating Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong, the Friday after Thanksgiving (after I hit the Black Friday sales), the tree goes up.

Besides, there is so much going on between now and Christmas... my birthday, Thanksgiving, Boyo's birthday, finals... thinking about getting ready to celebrate Christmas stresses me out.

Added to that, I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet. Normally I'm done by August (yes, I'm one of those), but this year there wasn't room in the budget to start shopping until the payday after Thanksgiving.

But then, as I was walking around the neighborhood with my kids the other night, I noticed that two houses were all ready decorated for Christmas.

My first thought was that the president of my HOA is going to be pissed.


My second thought was Come ON! It's much too early for this.

And then I saw my kids' faces.

They literally looked like Christmas had come early (since it had). Their angel faces were alight with joy and wonder and excitement.


"Look at that," Girlie whispered. "Do you see the magic lights, Brother?"


"Uh-HUH!" Boyo said, shaking his head vigorously. "It's CHISSMAS!"


Hell.


I guess I'm going to start celebrating early this year. And if you had seen the look on my kids' faces, you would too.


But I refuse to decorate until after Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday