I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Embrace the Chaos

~



A friend asked me what it was like to go from two kids to three.



This is my new mantra:

EMBRACE THE CHAOS

Life with three kids is exhausting.

And exhilirating.

And hilarious.

And frustrating.

And I wouldn't change it for the world.

So, I have learned to EMBRACE THE CHAOS

I let the little things go.

I make the big things a BIG deal.

Every day, though, I just want to accomplish one thing.

The dishes, the laundry, the dusting... just one.

But.

Every day, I remind myself they won't be this little forever.

And I don't want to be mad at myself for not snuggling with them on the couch when they wanted me to.


For not playing Barbies and cars, tea parties and light sabers.

For not reading Thomas and the Jet Engine and Ladybug Girl 20 thousand times. In a row.


For not teaching them how to kick a soccer ball and climb the monkey bars.


For not taking them for a walk and teaching them how to respect nature.


For not baking cookies and painting masterpieces with them.

Because in ten years, they won't want to hang out with me.

So as I look around my shoebox of a house, my eyes take in the dusty table tops, the cluttered floors, the dishes in the sink, the laundry piled in the hampers...


...And then I see three kids grinning up at me with angel smiles...


...And I hear the baby's giggles and Boyo and Girlie's delighted laughter...

And then I hear the wonderful demand:


"Come play with us Momma!"

So I play. And I ignore the mess.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday