I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

T - 18 hours

~
In 18 hours, I am going to be induced.

This has been a loooooooooooooooooooooooong day.

It feels like seconds are minutes, minutes are hours, hours are days, and today is a week long.

The thing is, toward the end of a pregnancy every day feels long. Every twinge, pain, gasp, contraction brings on a "Is this it?!" thought process. But it normally isn't and time still drags on, with you waiting, waiting, waiting...

I'm not good at waiting.

My husband and I went to the doctor today... he checked me. Baby K is not "engaged" but I am 1 cm dilated and 100% effaced. So tomorrow at 8 am, when he is the doctor on the floor, he will induce me.

He seems worried that the pitocin won't work. I tried to reassure him - I was given pitocin with both of my other kids and once they got that fun drug pumping into me, I gave birth within 7 hours. But he is laying out all sorts of alternate plans, in case the pitocin won't work. It's mildly frustrating/irritating. It's my body and I know it will work, but he doesn't seem to hear me.

So we wait. And I'm antsy. My mom is here to help with the kids - so my husband and I got to go to breakfast and a movie. But now it's 2:30 in the afternoon and he and my mom are out running around with the kids and I'm bored and thinking about tomorrow.

I know I should rest, or read, or relax. But I just can't seem too. I'm a bundle of nervous energy, waiting for tomorrow morning, waiting to meet my daughter, waiting for something to happen.

How am I going to get through the next 18 hours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday