I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Things I Never Want To Hear Again...

...

My husband call from the living room: "How much blood is too much for a head wound?" after our daughter did a swan dive from the living room couch onto the corner of the fire place.

My daughter crying in my arms: "I'm bleeding! I'm bleeding! My head hurts!" as I rushed her to the car to take her to the ER.

The ER admitting nurse saying: "Well, she looks okay, so it'll be about an hour wait." I deserve a medal for not losing it and screaming at her right then and there.

The doctor saying: "It's okay, it's only going to be two staples," after cleaning out and studying her wound. Sorry, Buddy, "staples, "my daughter's head" and "okay" don't go together.

The discharge nurse saying: "Here's a staple remover. Take the staples out in 7-10 days." Uh, what?! I didn't go to medical school; you take the damn staples out. We compromised on her pediatrician doing it.

My daughter sniffling in the car on the way home, not because she was hurting, but because she realized she can milk this injury for about a month. Her daddy all ready promised her a pony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday